Standards & Responsibilities of Approved Supervisors
(1) The approved supervisor must hold a license as defined in WAC 246-809-310. The license is without restrictions and has been active and in good standing for the previous two years.
(2) The approved supervisor must not be a blood or legal relative or cohabitant of the licensure candidate, licensure candidate's peer, or someone who has acted as the licensure candidate's therapist within the past two years.
(3) Before beginning supervision, the approved supervisor must provide the licensure candidate with a declaration that the supervisor has met the requirements of WAC 246-809-334 and qualifies as an approved supervisor. The declaration must be on a form provided by the department.
(4) The approved supervisor must have completed the following:
(a) A minimum of fifteen clock hours of training in clinical supervision obtained through:
(i) A supervision course; or
(ii) Continuing education credits on supervision;
(iii) Supervision of supervision; and
(b) Twenty-five hours of experience in supervision of clinical practice; and
(c) Has had two years of clinical experience postlicensure.
(5) The approved supervisor must attest to having thorough knowledge of the licensure candidate's practice activities including:
(a) Specific practice setting;
(b) Recordkeeping, as outlined in WAC 246-809-035;
(c) Financial management;
(d) Ethics of clinical practice; and
(e) The licensure candidate's backup plan for coverage in times when the licensure candidate is not available to their clients.
(6) Licensure candidates whose supervised postgraduate experience began before September 30, 2006, are exempt from the requirements of subsection (4) of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.225.040. WSR 17-13-082, § 246-809-334, filed 6/16/17, effective 7/17/17. Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.225 RCW. WSR 09-15-039, § 246-809-334, filed 7/8/09, effective 7/8/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.225.040 and [18.225.]090. WSR 06-18-043, § 246-809-334, filed 8/30/06, effective 9/30/06.]
updated 1/27/2023 LA