The Associates Program supports students and clinicians who are within the first five years of graduating with their MSW degree.
Associate Members Are Eligible For The Following Benefits:
WSSCSW has established a special dues category for the Associate. Find out more about lowered membership dues.
Reduced Fee For Educational Events
offers continuing education opportunities throughout the year,
including clinical evening presentations and annual conferences. The
Associates program members are invited to attend at special lowered
Reduced Fee For
WSSCSW considers our own psychotherapy
essential to our development as effective clinicians and is committed to making
the experience as accessible as possible. We offer confidential referrals to
experienced members of WSSCSW, at a reduced or sliding scale fee.
WSSCSW members, who are Approved Supervisors, offer qualified
supervision toward licensure, individually or in groups. In addition, some
members offer general consultation services. Associates can receive these
supervisory or consultation services at a sliding scale fee, giving you access
to case consultation by senior social work clinicians.
View Our Approved Supervisors List
Low Cost Mentorship Program
WSSCSW sponsors a low cost mentorship group for post-graduates and Associates. The group is facilitated by clinically experienced and trained social workers and will meet throughout the year. While it is important to clarify that this is not a supervisory group, it does, however, offer a safe place in which to sort out one’s experiences in the field, such as ethical dilemmas, self-care challenges, and finding appropriate professional support. Membership is not required.
Mentoring Groups Provide Participants the Opportunity to:
- Explore and further develop professional identity as a clinical social worker, especially as students’ transition from the status of student and enter into the profession.
- Discuss practice challenges and ethical dilemmas in the field to further personal and professional growth
- Discuss and integrate with practice various theoretical approaches and models of treatment
- Gain exposure to various social work roles within the field via guest speakers
- Discuss current macro issues that impact clinical work
- Gain knowledge of group process and peer consultation through experience
Individual mentorship is also available to associate members per request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specifics regarding mentorship groups that are forming or interests in being matched with an individual mentor.
Outstanding Student Paper Awards
A part of our mission
is to support and promote high standards of practice for those entering the
profession. To this end we offer the Outstanding Student Paper Award to
Washington State masters level social work students in their graduating year.
To the strongest paper submitted we offer an award, 1 year membership to WSSCSW, and 1 year free entry to a variety of Professional Development
events. For the runner up prize we offer an award and 1 year membership
to WSSCSW. Both
winners will be mentioned at their graduation, and in the WSSCSW Newsletter and
For more information visit the Outstanding Student Paper Awards page.
- Social events and networking among experienced clinical social work colleagues.
- Extensive e-mail group providing a forum for referrals, job opportunities, practice questions, and support
- Effective legislative advocacy to enhance and protect clinical social work practice in Olympia and Washington, DC.
Questions about the Associates Program?
Contact email@example.com with questions, concerns, appreciation, and ideas.
Are you a Member who wants to join our Approved Supervisors List? Download, sign & send in the Attestation Form. Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
WSSCSW PO Box 252 Everett, WA 98206