The Associates Program supports clinicians who are within the first five years of graduating with their MSW degree.
Associate Members Are Eligible For The Following Benefits:
Consultation/Supervision Referral Service
WSSCSW members, who are Approved Supervisors, offer qualified supervision toward licensure, individually or in groups. In addition, some members offer general consultation services. Associates can receive these supervisory or consultation services at a sliding scale fee, giving you access to case consultation by senior social work clinicians.
Click Here to View Our Approved Supervisors List
Reduced Fee For Educational Events
WSSCSW offers continuing education opportunities throughout the year, including clinical evening presentations and annual conferences. The Associates program members are invited to attend at special lowered fees.
Reduced Fee For Psychotherapy
WSSCSW considers our own psychotherapy essential to our development as effective clinicians and is committed to making the experience as accessible as possible. We offer confidential referrals to experienced members of WSSCSW, at a reduced or sliding scale fee.
WSSCSW has established a special dues category for the Associate. Find out more about lowered membership dues.
Free Mentorship Program
WSSCSW sponsors a free mentorship group for post-graduates and Associates. The group is facilitated by clinically experienced and trained social workers and will meet throughout the year. While it is important to clarify that this is not a supervisory group, it does, however, offer a safe place in which to sort out one’s experiences in the field, such as ethical dilemmas, self-care challenges and finding appropriate professional support. Membership is not required. Facilitators may charge members to participate in the group beyond the first year of attending.
Mentoring Groups Provide Participants The Opportunity To:
- Explore and further develop professional identity as a clinical social worker, especially as students’ transition from the status of student and enter into the profession.
- Discuss practice challenges and ethical dilemmas in the field to further personal and professional growth
- Discuss and integrate with practice various theoretical approaches and models of treatment
- Gain exposure to various social work roles within the field via guest speakers
- Discuss current macro issues that impact clinical work
- Gain knowledge of group process and peer consultation through experience
Please contact email@example.com for specifics regarding mentorship groups that are forming.
- Social events and networking among experienced clinical social work colleagues.
- Extensive e-mail group providing a forum for referrals, job opportunities, practice questions, and support
- Effective legislative advocacy to enhance and protect clinical social work practice in Olympia and Washington, DC.